Delivery: Virtual, Instructor Led
Duration: 3 Days
Course Date: (Flexible course dates offered. Please select from the drop-down menu below):
The world is moving to the cloud to achieve better agility and economy, following the lead of the cloud titans who have redefined the economics of application delivery during the last decade. Arista’s innovations in cloud networking are making this possible. New, modern applications such as social media and Big Data, new architectures such as dense server virtualization and IP Storage, and the imperative of mobile access to all applications have placed enormous demands on the network infrastructure in data centers.
Network architectures, and the network operating systems that make the cloud possible, need to be fundamentally different from the highly over-subscribed, hierarchical, multi-tiered and costly legacy solutions of the past.
Arista Networks was founded to deliver software-driven cloud networking solutions for these large data center and cloud computing environments. Arista is focused on building 10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches that redefine network architectures, bring extensibility to networking and dramatically change the price/performance of data center networks.
Course Overview and Objectives
This course is intended to provide hands-on training for anyone involved in the installation, configuration, daily management, break-fix, and technical support of Arista switching products.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain hardware offerings
- Understand and use Arista’s EOS
- Maintain and upgrade switches
- Configure and use MLAG
- Setup switches using both Multi-switch-CLI and ZTP
- Setup and Use Monitoring Technology such as Mirroring and Tap Aggregation
- Configure VXLAN for Virtual Networks and VMTracer Use
- Understand the use of eAPI for creating their own scripts
Scope and Target Audience
- Course level: Advanced
- Course duration: 3 Days
- Course format: Combines lecture with hands-on labs
- Platform supported: All Arista Networks next-generation Switch models
- Network Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Network Operators
- Network Administrators
Prerequisites This course is designed for students that have an understanding of networking technologies, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 and have experience with Arista Networks Next Generation Switches.
This class is comprised of thirteen modules focusing on a thorough overview of Arista Networks Next Generation Switches.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: HW Overview
- Module 2: EOS Overview
- Module 3: Switch Configuration Basics
- Module 4: Switch Maintenance
- Module 5: ZTP Overview
- Module 6: Multiswitch CLI
- Module 7: MLAG Overview
- Module 8: VXLAN Overview
- Module 9: Monitoring Overview
- Module 10: VM Tracer Overview
- Module 11: DANZ Overview
- Module 12: EAPI Overview