New devices join your network every hour. Unmanaged notebooks, smartphones, and tablets. Internet of Things (IoT) devices of all shapes and sizes. Rogue endpoints. Servers. These devices significantly expand your attack surface yet are invisible to many security products. ForeScout can see them, control them, and orchestrate system-wide response.
ForeScout CounterACT® is a physical or virtual security solution that dynamically identifies and evaluates network infrastructure, devices, and applications the instant they connect to your network.
Course Overview and Objectives
This course is intended to provide an overview of ForeScout’s CounterACT solution.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the features and advantages of CounterACT appliances
- Understand the capabilities of CounterACT's NAC technologies
- Demonstrate the abilities of endpoint detection, inspection, and remediation
- Threat Prevention
- Basic understanding of the "4 C's" policies: Classification, Clarification, Compliance, and Control
Scope and Target Audience
- Course level: Introductory
- Course duration: 8 Hours
- Course format: Combines lecture with hands on labs
- Platform supported: ForeScout CounterACT
- Network Engineers
- Security Engineers
- Support Staff
This course is designed for students that have a thorough understanding of networking and security technologies but are new to ForeScout.
This class is comprised of one module: Foundations of ForeScout CounterACT.